Transformers are critical components solar energy production and distribution. Historically, transformers have “steeped – up ” or “steeped down ” energy from nonrenewable sources. These are different types of solar transformers including distribution, Substation, Pad mounted and grounding. All solar transformers have specialized need that impact costs. Normally these types transformers are accommodated by devices that measure heat related volume variations. Gas cushion is used to compensate the volume variation due to heat, normally gas is NOTROGEN which is thermally decoupled from the dielectric liquid.
SOLAR Applications –
Tesla understands the needs of the solar developers and has successfully designed and shipped transformers for power distribution applications in a solar farm using PV modules in INDA and throughout ASIA – AFRICAN continents. We have been successfully meeting the stringent specifications of customer and have designed with low losses but high efficiency standards to meet the industry ‘s stringent demands.
- Tesla has manufactured solar transformer up to 12.5 MVA with voltage class range: –
HV -11, 22 & 33 and LV as per customer specifications with vector group Dy11Y11, Dy11, Y11y11, Dy5y5y5 or as per customer specification
- Voltage step up from the inverter output to the MV feeding network
- Galvanic isolation between the solar inverter and the feeding network
- High mechanical strength LV winding comprise of 2 winding made of Al/Cu both connected in WYE (Y) without neutral point
- Cooling system both ONAN &ONAF
- Robust and oil tight mechanical construction with customized overall dimensions. High Quality surface protection.
- Protection and monitoring with devices that are oil level indication, gas detection, pressure and temperature control.
First company get successful carried out for the Short Circuit Test at CPRI lab for
the rating of 12.5 MVA 33/0.63-0.63-0.63-0.63 KV, 5 Winding Transformer.